1. Tickets are issued subject to the Rules and Regulations of the venue, event organiser and promoter as well as Reading Fringe Festival CIC. Purchase of any ticket(s) constitutes acceptance of these.
2. Please check your Ticket immediately after purchase as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
3. We regret that Tickets cannot be refunded after purchase, except in the case of the event being cancelled.
4. The handling charge or booking fee for purchasing tickets is a service fee for use of the Reading Fringe Festival Box Office and cannot be refunded in any circumstance, except at the sole discretion of Reading Fringe Festival CIC.
5. Tickets can only be exchanged after purchase at the discretion of Reading Fringe Box Office, and will incur an administration charge for doing so. Tickets cannot be exchanged less than 24 hours before a performance. We regret that the administration charge for this service cannot be refunded, even in the event of cancellation.
6. Reading Fringe Box Office will not reprint tickets under any circumstances. In the event of Tickets sent by post not reaching their destination, Reading Fringe Festival CIC will provide a proof of purchase statement for verification by event promoter/organisers on the door.
7. Fees for posting of tickets are a separate service charge and Reading Fringe Festival CIC regrets to say that they cannot be refunded in any circumstance, including non-receipt of items and in the event of show cancellation.
8. Reading Fringe Festival CIC cannot be held responsible for any lost or stolen tickets. Reading Fringe Festival CIC reserves the right to cancel any ticket bookings which it reasonably suspects to have been made fraudulently.
9. Eligibility for the standard Concession price ticket available is limited to Students, Senior Citizens (over 60’s), those registered as being on State Benefits, Under-16’s and Equity members. Proof of status must be supplied at the point of purchase and/or collecting of tickets, and eligibility for Concession price is at the sole discretion of Reading Fringe Festival CIC. Reading Fringe Festival CIC and the event promoter/organiser reserve the right to refuse admittance, or charge the difference in price, if valid proof of status is not shown on demand.
10. Reading Fringe Box Office will offer, where possible, one complementary ‘Carer ticket’ for the companion of customers who require assistance to attend an event, when a full-price ticket has been purchased. Reading Fringe Festival CIC will be able to do so only where authorisation has been given by the event promoter/organiser. We regret that Reading Fringe Festival CIC is unable to compel an event promoter/organiser to allow us to offer a ‘Carer ticket’.
11. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged event. If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, Reading Fringe Festival CIC will use reasonable means to notify ticket holders of the cancellation once we have received the relevant authorisation from the event promoter/organiser. Please note that we cannot guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation in advance of an event.
12. Tickets are sold subject to the management’s right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
13. Purchase of a Ticket does not override the Venue Management’s right to refuse admission should patrons breach any Rules and Regulations of the venue or the event promoter/organiser. The management may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons attending events.
14. Unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment at events is prohibited. Tapes or films may be destroyed. Laser pens, mobile phones, dogs (except guide dogs) and patron’s own food and drink may also be prohibited, though this is at the ultimate discretion of the venue.
15. Ticket holders consent as members of a live audience to any officially sanctioned filming and/or sound recording that may be taking place at the venue or during the event.
16. The event promoter/organiser, venue Management and Reading Fringe Festival CIC accept no responsibility whatsoever for the loss or damage of any personal property.
17. Purchase of a Ticket gives the ticket-holder a right only to a seat of a value corresponding to that stated on the ticket and the venue Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
18. The ticket-holder must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements and venue regulations whilst attending the event. Reading Fringe Festival CIC is not responsible for any non-compliance and will not refund tickets in the case of non-admittance.
19. Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person. Reading Fringe Festival CIC reserves the right to cancel tickets purchased in excess of this number.
20. Reading Fringe Festival CIC reserves the right to recover any difference in price that may occur in the event of a discrepancy between a price listed by Reading Fringe and that charged by the event promoter/organiser. In the case of a refusal to pay the difference, Reading Fringe Festival CIC reserves the right to cancel any such booking whereby the monies paid do not cover the actual price.
21. Please note that for tickets purchased to performances suitable only for persons aged 18 and over, any ticket-holder unable to present valid identification may not be admitted to the event. Reading Fringe Festival CIC is not responsible for verifying the age of attendees and will not refund tickets in the case of non-admittance.
22. Latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance. Some performances may contain no suitable breaks. Admittance is at the final discretion of the event promoter and venue management. Reading Fringe Festival CIC is not responsible for identifying which performances do not admit latecomers and will not refund tickets in the case of non-admittance.
23. Breach of the above terms and conditions, or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury to other persons shall enable the venue management or event promoter/organiser to eject ticket-holders from the venue. Their decision is final, and Reading Fringe Festival CIC will not refund tickets in the case of ejection/non-admittance.
24. After an event has taken place, the refund or exchange of Tickets is at the sole discretion of the event promoter/organiser, regardless of attendance or not.
25. Once an event has been attended, any refund or exchange of Tickets is at the sole discretion of the event promoter/organiser. Whilst Reading Fringe Festival CIC, as ticket agents, will pass on any complaints to the event promoter/organiser, Reading Fringe Festival CIC is unable to compel them to act and any further correspondence should be directed to them.
26. Reading Fringe Festival CIC, acting as an agent on behalf of the event promoter/organiser, under no circumstance accepts responsibility for the content or quality of any events.
27. As a time-limited purchase, customers should be aware that purchases of event tickets are exempt from the Consumer Contract Regulations. Reading Fringe Festival CIC will endeavor to exchange tickets to another event wherever possible. In such circumstances Reading Fringe Festival’s usual administrative exchange fees will apply.
28. Reading Fringe Festival CIC on occasion may offer a Credit Note for future services in lieu of a refund. This is valid for specified period, which is entirely at the discretion of Reading Fringe Festival CIC, and only for use by the designated beneficent. Once any such issued Credit Notes have passed the stated expiry date, the value of any unused credit remaining shall revert to Reading Fringe Festival CIC.
29. Reading Fringe Festival CIC offers Gift Vouchers for future services in return for payment of a corresponding value. Vouchers are issued solely by Reading Fringe for a specified period, the length of which is entirely at the discretion of Reading Fringe Festival CIC . Once any such issued Gift Vouchers have passed the stated expiry date, the value of any unused credit remaining shall revert to Reading Fringe Festival CIC.
30. Reading Fringe Festival CIC reserves the right to contact the customer, regardless of whether they have opted-in to receive marketing communications, for the purposes of administrating their booking/purchase. Such reasons shall include, though not be limited to, cancellation of shows, reminders of purchases, update of performance status, advise on ticketing availability. Reading Fringe Festival CIC shall endeavour not to contact the customer unduly.